Monday, March 4, 2013

Mother Dear

Happy Birthday Mother Dear! My mom celebrated her birthday on Feb. 24th. My Dad was traveling for business on her birthday the first time in their marriage-which is really amazing if I think how much my Dad has traveled. We asked if we could stop by and had some dinner and cake. My sister Holly volunteered to make the cake, my mom said anything...or a minnie mouse cake; teasing my sister because we always made quite interesting requests for birthday cakes growing up. Holly delivered! The cake was as tasty as it was darling! 

I'm so blessed to have my mom in my life. She continues to be my best example of a loving wife, mother, friend, and strives to be Christ-like in all her doings. She is truly one of my best friends and I am so thankful for her. The LDS Primary Song seems to fit perfectly and be written to describe her. I hope to be like her. "You make home a lovely place". Love you Mama!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment