Wednesday, January 4, 2012

PROUD OF MY GRAD

HE DID IT! Brandon completed his Bachelors degree from Utah State University in December. He has been so diligent in pursuing his degree and has taught me by example with his amazing work ethic. His official degree is Bachelors of Fine Arts; Graphic Design. I'm so proud of him! What an accomplishment. I might add that he finished just as good as he started, he added a few more straight A's to a nearly perfect record. Basically his amazing GPA is definitely higher than the one I graduated with! His efforts help create a lot of positive outcomes for our family, now and in the future. I'm so pleased that our future children will know that we value education and that we finish what we start!

Brandon's Physical Portfolio-Snazzy!

It is time to celebrate! We had a celebratory dinner at Olive Garden with the Finch's and Beyers. Yummy! What a Treat~Thanks Greg & Cindy! We had cupcakes and Ice Cream. The ice cream had been carefully transported from Logan. How could we celebrate the newest Aggie Alumni with out Aggie Ice Cream Blue Mint. (Brandon's favorite!) Family was so kind in congratulating him and sharing our excitement.


The Box holding Brandon's Graduation gift: Details explained later!


The following weekend we celebrated with my family, the Jaynes Gang. We celebrated by watching Brandon's Alma mater compete in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl! It was a fun way to have everyone come over and celebrate. We HAD to have potatoes right? We dined on hamburgers & regular & sweet potato french fries. I made the same graduation cupcakes and more Aggie Blue Mint. Again family was very kind to offer congratulations! We appreciate you and your thoughtfulness! We also celebrated my Brother Matthew's Graduation from BYU in Accounting. Congrats Matt! Proud of you too! It was very convienent that both school's colors are blue and white (I know they're "different" blues:)




My favorite thing about Brandon graduating was I FINALLY surprised him! (In a good way at least). I was so excited to give him my graduation gift. The only thing Brandon wanted for Christmas was a new iPod. The man sure loves his music! When discussing Christmas I introduced our "Christmas Budgets" for eachother, much lower than an iPod would be, making it impossible for him to get it, all the while knowing I already had the iPod at my parents house, engraved on the back with:
BRANDON FINCH
GRAPHIC DESIGNER

I was so excited! I had taken him to USU's bookstore to help me pick out his "graduation gift" he showed me which mugs he'd prefer and then I purchased one while he stepped outside. So the box that I wrapped and had sitting next to our graduation countdown calendar for days held to him a mug, to me the iPod I was dying to give him. I kept telling him I was so excited to celebrate! He was too, but he already knew it was a mug. I captured his reaction, I was beaming in excitement! He gave a great response-I got him!!

Congratulations Mr. Finch! I'm so proud of you and grateful for your efforts.
Your decision to earn your degree will tremendously bless our family. Love you!

With Brandon graduated we've left Logan, there's just more opportunity in Salt Lake and Utah Counties. Us leaving meant me quitting my job. I had been working as Office Manager at North Eastern Services. They provide day programs and residential support for adults with disabilities. I am grateful I had the opportunity to work with such an elect group of individuals. They were some of the kindest people I've ever met, they always had me smiling. They were very kind in giving me this beautiful bouquet of flowers and had all the consumers sign a giant card for me. I'm grateful I had a job and that I had the opportunity to work there.


Now on to a new chapter in our life together! Excited for the unknown! Congrats Mr. Finch!

No comments:

Post a Comment