Sunday, December 4, 2011

O Christmas Tree

I'm so excited for Christmas this year! I listen to holiday tunes at work, added a wreath to our front door, and am so excited to open gifts with Brandon. I haven't always been the best gift giver and hope I can get something right this year~ 
Our only decorations in our little apartment is our wreath on the front door, a bowl of cinnamon pine cones at the foot of our bed, and red sheets! I mentioned to my mom my wish for red sheets for the holiday season (they can be used for Valentines and 4th of July too!) She surprised us my gifting some beautiful red satin sheets, Santa would be jealous. I love crisp red and white for Christmas. Such a fun way to celebrate and they make me smile every time I pull down the comforter.

We move December 14th, back home with my parents for a short time until we know what county we'll find jobs in. It didn't seem practical to bring up boxes of decorations when we're in the process of boxing up the apartment right now. So over Thanksgiving break I decorated a small Christmas Tree at my parents home, ready for us when we get there.

Every year my mom gives us an ornament. I added just a few to our small tree this year. They are always so fun, sometimes homemade, sometimes representing something from the year's experiences, always special. We each have a box of ornaments so when we leave home we have a piece of our Christmas traditions with us and I must have a full trees worth of ornaments! I've loved her efforts and hope to pass on that tradition with my own children. 
Thank you Mom for creating memories. I hope everyone's enjoying this magical time of the year! 

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell I'm stalking you today???? I'm thrilled you'll be returning to Utah county in a short few days!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to have you so close. Can we please get together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tradition!! So glad that you guys will have the first"official" christmas together..;)
    And..what a darling cupcake shop!!! Yummeeeee....good to have a treat with your sweetie!!
    Love the posts girl..keep them comin'!!
    Ps..did you guys get a camera?;)

    ReplyDelete