Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's in the Details

I live in a beautiful place. There is so much history here and it's evident in some of the beautiful, historic architecture. I often drive home from work a different way so I can experience more homes. I have somewhat of a bipolar style, I die over the details and trends of this time period but love sleek modern lines. Brandon and I would probably never choose a home in the style of the photos I'll showcase but I appreciate the details and the workmanship. These homes inspire me, they make me smile, they are works of art, they honestly take my breath away. I sigh as we pass by and Brandon just laughs at me. They're not just houses-they are stories and history to me.

While Brandon was busy working a few Saturdays ago I wandered out into the newly snowed streets to capture some of my favorites. 
There are too many to capture, too many to love. 




Can you see the dental trim peaking out beneath the snow? I love it. 

The balcony and porch made me long for a lemonade on a summer evening. I love the green capitols on the ionic columns. I love the symmetry. 



Below is a house that I pass daily on my way to work. It's been kept so well and has such a welcoming, warm tone. It sits on a street lined with trees, most of the streets in Logan are tree-lined. It reminds me of growing up in old Provo. The trees feel so wise and protecting to me. I've always been drawn to them. 

The following house is my favorite. It's massive. There is an extraordinary amount of detail and craftsmanship.  I want to go inside so badly! It's a castle, a dream. I have a huge love of turrets, I have always wanted my room to be in one.
 Are you breathless?! I'm in love! I could stare at it all day, I'm so glad I found it!

Next is the house that I walk by daily. It's the house situated just in front of our apartment, see that old, orange motel thing in the background? That's us, but this beauty is basically home too.  I wish there was an apartment open when we moved in. The entry way is a beautiful staircase with dark woods and  transoms above the doors.

I'm so glad we have been able to live in Logan for a short time and so grateful for the builders of these homes and the individuals that seek to preserve them!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! You have such an eye for the simple but stunning things in life. PS-when are you moving down south? I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming, charming, charming!! What great photographs. I am sighing right with you! Such beautiful detail and architecture...I am loving the last home....wow! They don't build like that anymore..love the fact you appreciate these classic homes! That must have been a fun adventure! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the old historic homes of logan! they're one of my favorite parts too! thanks for sharing all the photos and letting me reminisce!

    ReplyDelete