Saturday, February 16, 2013

Scout Day

In case you didn't know Fri. February 8th was Scout Day. Another holiday that we would occasionally celebrate as a family growing up. Some people ask why we celebrated so many holidays; because my mother knows that everyday should be celebrated; everyday is special, a gift. No, you don't have to have a holiday to make the day special but these holidays sprinkled in throughout my childhood have created beautiful memories. Sometimes it was nothing more than saying "Happy Star Trek Day" at dinner but that'd start a conversation, that would put on a smile, that made the day special. You could find a holiday everyday if you looked online. Sometimes we just need a National Pancake Day to make it to the weekend. 

Now back to Scout Day. I have four brothers, all eagle scouts. My husband, an eagle scout. Me...not a scout. I enjoy camping and can make a pretty good campfire-i'm a tepee style fan; i'll make you a s'more and could bandage you or find some leaves to calm poison ivy, I can build a tent...usually.

I decided to set up a tent in our front room. The tent we used all summer seemed like it would fit! I didn't think through the need to have room for the poles to extend. I had 15 minutes to assemble the tent before Mr. Finch got home. I didn't make it. This is what he came home to.
A little help from some taller arms and we ended up with the tent. Not quite a perfect fit but we were set up for a fun night!
I made Tinfoil Dinners and Girl Scout cookies count as Scout Treats. Thin mints please! Plus some soda in fun glass cans that I got from Jared, Carrilyne and kids for my bday. Thanks!

Happy Scout Day! Get out there and earn some Merit Badges!

No comments:

Post a Comment