Friday, January 4, 2013

Not so Grinchy but Finchy Christmas: Christmas Decor

Christmas is such a cheerful time and our apartment made me feel just that-cheery! Both Brandon and I were lucky to be given ornaments from our mother's growing up. My mom gifted us kids ornaments every year on Dec. 6th-St. Nicolas Day. This Year I gave Mr. Finch the loveable bear with the warm smile and he brought home the darling red snowflake mittens. I love them and he was sweet to gift them. Our tree has a few ornaments that I picked up while working at Macy's years ago but the majority including the pleasantly plump carved santa (one of my favorites) were all given by my Mom and Brandon's as we grew up. I think these pictures show our current apartment for the first time on this blog. The kitchen's in use as I prepared treats for Christmas and there's clothing piles from the laundry that was being sorted when I decided to photograph-hey we live here! 





All I wanted was red and white striped wrapping paper for Brandon and Mine's gifts to eachother-the hard thing about that request was I didn't want diagonal stripes. Diagonal was everywhere-straight, no where to be found! Finally my sister knowing my quest called with good news! All the gifts to family were wrapped in newspaper (black and white sections only) and then tied with red yarn. Every gift had a red pom pom and a tag with stamped initial for recipient. We had fun wrapping this year!

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING AND STYLISH! So you, Jessica!!!

    ReplyDelete