Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Day: Merry and Bright

Christmas Day has become one of my favorite holiday memories and I've had a lot of wonderful Christmas Memories. Mr. Finch and I started out our day exchanging gifts under our Christmas tree. I gave him mostly things from our "wish lists" with the exception of the Planet Earth DVD's. Mr. Finch surprised me with my wildest dreams-fabric and a bird cage! He found a bird cage that is better than any I ogled before! I didn't get a great shot of the fabric but had to share-pillows to come soon! 

Next we packed up food and gifts for our loved ones and hit the road! First was my parents home for brunch. My brother Adam leaves for his mission Jan. 23rd-he requested some more "grown up" brunch items or gourmet as we interpreted it. I definitely ate more Christmas Day then even Thanksgiving. Everyone brought their offerings and it was beyond delicious. My mom's scrupmtious sticky bun cinnamon rolls, fingerling purple and yellow potatoes, sweet potato hash, and what the boys requested-meat! My mom also made this amazing vegetable pizza with spicy hollandaise sauce. Holly/Tyson brought the ham, Matt/Kate made orange julius', Jared/Carrilyne brought a huge tray off brownies, breads and goodies, our offering was deviled eggs, steamed artichokes, and we tried prosciutto wrapped cantelope with basalmic. There was so much more too! We feasted! Opening presents was so much fun. All my siblings like myself have developed a pure love of giving. We were all so excited to give what we'd made, selected and prepared for eachother. We laughed and smiled with pure joy as we gave. But man did we get spoiled! I'm looking forward to the year of dates and activities from the pass of all passes we got from my parents! Everyone gave such amazing things-thank you, thank you! I have to mention my brother Adam and sister Shelley's gift. Every picture you've ever seen on my blog or i've taken were with Adam's camera. He's been so kind to let me "borrow" his camera. Because we haven't had a camera we don't always showcase everything and everywhere because the camera stayed with Adam. With him leaving on his mission the two of them paired up and gave us a new nikon! It's so much more than a gift-they've given our family a memory catcher. Thank you! 

 The picture below showcases our "kids tree" at my parents. I failed to take a picture of my mom's other tree-it's amazing! Basically professionally done-decorators at taipan watch out! But growing up we had trees overloaded with our ornaments. My mom never turned down an ornament we made and presented her with. Even if we had colored it orange and purple-she proudly placed it next to her crystal icicles.
 After the Jaynes' we headed to the Finch's. We feasted again on shrimp cocktails and anything you could ask for! Stuffed, we exchanged gifts and enjoyed each other's company. I'm sure i'll post future pics of my beautiful trays and new lovelies I received. Merry Christmas indeed. The mister and I are sure blessed with amazing family and friends. We feel overwhelmed by the end of the day with everyone's generous and thoughtful gifts. A long day--i'm glad it lasted so long! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good Christmas to me:) You're house is super cute! I love all the little touches that you give it. Hope we get to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Christmas!! We love you guys, everything looks super cute at the Finch's...;) love the wrapping!!

    ReplyDelete