Saturday, March 1, 2014

Christmas at the Finch's

Christmas in our little home has got to be one of my favorite times, I have hard time taking it down but remind myself there's always next year. This year was the "Year of the Pinecone" according to Brandon. He was a trooper as I scoured the ground of local parks, Pinecone Picking. We kept our Wrappings Au Natural with brown contractors paper and clippings, tags were paint sample chips and chalk. Really is was the most inexpensive route to take and that leaves more budget for what's being wrapped! Brandon wrapped his presents first one day while I was gone. I came home to gifts with loving terms and names etched on them. His idea, and I loved it and addressed my packages in similar style. We had a wonderful Christmas together and with our two families. We are always so amazed by people's thoughtfulness and generosity. This year my family "picked names" I'll admit I cried after when I realized I wouldn't have the opportunity to present everyone with a gift, even if it was just a candy bar or note, on Christmas day. Overall it was still wonderful Christmas and as much as I love giving, there's more to give then tangibles. That's what Christmas is about anyway. As is stands there's 30 people in our families and we're only going to get bigger. So I understand the logical side of picking names. We were gifted the most beautiful handmade wooden shelf from Jared and Carrilyne. It has warm wood tones that fit perfectly in our home. Merry Christmas to all! 
 Christmas Eve at our home: Santa likes Milano's
 Jazz wrapping paper Brandon Designed for his Dad's Gift
 I also had to give a shout out to my mom and her trees. Growing up we all loved our over the top decorated tree. Yes the smaller tree is leaning from the weight of the ornaments. We always could put our handmade ornaments from school or church on the tree, there was never a "it doesn't fit the theme" conversation. She just excitedly put them on, most of our odd creations are still there. She has however done a second tree in the front room that while still packed with eye candy is a little tamer then our Christmas Tree of old. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Your home is gorgeous! Your amazing! I wouldn't want to take it down either!

    ReplyDelete