Friday, July 12, 2013

Freedom & Fireworks

The 4th of July has always been a beloved holiday full of traditions. Growing up we would wake up at the crack of dawn and head to the balloon festival, hit up the parade, nap, play, BBQ, and enjoy fireworks on a blanket right under the explosions.
This year Mr. Finch and I were asked to plan/host the Ward Breakfast. We had an amazing turn-out and I grabbed a few quick shots before it got super busy! My parents invited us out for a BBQ and we licked our lips and fingers over my Dad's competition worthy ribs! We saw the Movie, Lone Ranger, had the world's quickest Croquet game (2nd place, so close but good hit Kate!) and then set up camp for fireworks up by the new Outlet Mall by Cabelas for Thanksgiving Points fireworks. From that vantage point we could see the entire valley celebrate with fireworks. 
My favorite fireworks are the white and gold ones. The large gold ones that slowly cascade down and look like the bottom of Cinderella's ball gown. Always my favorite. 
I'm so grateful for the Country I live in and the Freedoms I enjoy. Happy Independence day!
 We were pretty tired after the breakfast and had to "brighten up" for the next picture.

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun blogger you are! I am so proud of you being on top of it:

    ReplyDelete