Monday, August 27, 2012

Beautification Award

My parents home is one of my favorite places to be. They have worked so hard to create a refuge and oasis for our family to retreat to. This month they received a Beautification Award for their yard from Pleasant Grove city. We were all so thrilled that their work is recognized and appreciated by others. The yard is really starting to develop and mature. We spend hours in the backyard, barbequing, playing games, relaxing in the summer evenings. I feel bad that the people that gave the award didn't even see the backyard! The thing about the yard is that it is so friendly and welcoming. Sure there are beautiful flowers but what makes it unique to my parents is the lawn ornaments that my mom has placed throughout the yard. They're cheery and the nieces and nephews love wondering around searching for the hidden and scattered faces. My parents are amazing in every way. I truly know they are blessed as a direct result of the lives they are choosing to live, the service they render and the love they give to others. Thank you mom and dad for creating a family home that enables such beautiful memories to be made. There is so much to take pictures of, i've selected some to show the variety of flowers and colors found in the yard. 


My parents have green thumbs for sure! Lovely yard. Heaven on earth with family there.

2 comments:

  1. I love your parents yard! It is so beautiful. Beautification Award is definitely spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I please live there? I want a big yard so bad and your parent's is gorgeous! Well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete